Grade 5 Class Teacher
We invite applications from teachers to take up the continuing education of our students in Grade 5. It is possible that this teacher opening could be a full or part-time teaching position depending on the availability and expertise of the teacher candidates.
Class Teacher Job Summary
The grade school teacher is a passionate listener and adamant teacher, finding ways to engage children effectively and help them learn. S/he is an avid learner and believes in personal development regardless of age. She is prepared to teach academic, artistic and practical education based on an understanding of the human being and of child development. S/he takes part in the educational process actively, emotionally and thoughtfully. The grade school teacher is fully present and engaged in learning /teaching activities during class time. In addition, s/he is mindful that a circle of support consists of other colleagues, the student support teacher, administrative support staff, and subject teachers and serves only to help his/her teaching for the good of children. The grade school teacher is expected to have first-hand knowledge about where the children are and what kind of developmental needs they have thus, s/he provides guidance required by parents. The grade school teacher is accountable to meeting the needs of the children, families and the community within which s/he works.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree preferably in the field of Education and a minimum of five years of related experience
- BC Teacher Training Certificate
- Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate and/or Anthroposophical Education Training at a Waldorf training centre
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, coaching, advising, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, decision making, problem solving, listening, conflict management, analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of word processing
- Thorough knowledge on the fundamentals of Waldorf Education
- Cultural compatibility with the existing Faculty, volunteers and parents
For more information, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your Waldorf teaching experience along with your inquiries to email@example.com.