Week At A Glance – May 28 – June 1
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Today marks the first day of Bike to School Week. All children, faculty & staff are encouraged to drive less and find a fun & healthy mode of transportation – bike, scoot, wheel, walk… (when possible of course!) The furthest distance travelled by bike this morning was from Granville Island!
This afternoon, Kim from Steed Cycle will be on campus at the Grade School in the big play yard with an info session on bike safety, how to change a tire, and balancing games! If you can stay after 3, come join in!
Otherwise, it’s another full week at VWS, so please mark your calendars!
MONDAY – May 28
- Mango-pop sales, Grade 11 Fundraiser 3:00 pm, GS ($5/each)
- Bike Satefy Demo 3:15 pm, GS
- Beekeeping 101 Study Group, all are welcome 4:30 pm, GS
- Grade 8 Parent Meeting 7:00 pm, GS
TUESDAY – May 29
- Colin Dutson Awards 6:30 pm, GS
WEDNESDAY – May 30
- Hot Lunch: Penne Pasta noon, GS
- Grade 3 Marketplace 1:45 – 3:30, GS
THURSDAY – May 31
- Grade 12 Rose Ceremony (internal festival) 12:45 pm, HUC
- Adult Eurythmy 1:20 pm, GS
- Full Faculty and Staff Meeting 3:00 pm, HS
FRIDAY – June 1
- Coffee Morning & Clothing Swap 8:30 am, GS
ROSE CEREMONY – Please note that this is an internal festival for Grade 12 students and their families. All Grade School and High School students attend this lovely ceremony at Highlands United Church (HUC).
- Grade 1 students will travel by carpool to and from HUC
- Grades 2 – 5 will travel by bus to and from HUC
- Grades 6 – 8 will travel by bus to HUC and will be dismissed from HUC at 1:30. Arrangements will be made for any students who need to catch the school bus. Grade 8 will remain at HUC for their .b lesson.
GRADE 3 MARKETPLACE – “We are holding a market to share some of our fibre arts experiences with the school community, work with money in a hands-on and meaningful way, and to practice the art of giving. All money earned will be donated to the Grade 12’s… as a gift from the Grade School to the High School. We will be selling handmade toys and jewellery as well as tasty treats. All items will be $2 or less. Grade 3 kindly requests you bring change and small bills only.”
If you missed the newsletter last Friday, you may find it here: http://eepurl.com/dvF3CT
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
*Please note that this email is for outgoing messages and is monitored infrequently. Please address your reply to email@example.com.