Week At A Glance – March 5 – 10
We hosted two wonderful and well-attended events this weekend – the Chinese New Year Celebration and the Grade 12 Project Presentations. The Chinese New Year was a vibrant and lively community event highlighting the talents and culture of many of our families at the Vancouver Waldorf School. Entirely organized by parents, this event has now become a beloved annual celebration and I for one am extremely grateful for this gift. Then on Sunday, our Grade 12 students presented the topics they have been individually studying over the past several months. Our Hall was packed with supportive family members, friends, current and alumni Waldorf students, and community members from all walks. Our graduating students can be so very proud of their accomplishments, they each shone in their own way as they rose to meet the challenge! Thank you to everyone who was involved in either event as a volunteer, host or guest. I’m grateful for our wonderfully diverse community.
MONDAY – Mar 5
- Gift Card Orders Due (for March 15 and April 1 delivery)
THURSDAY – Mar 8
- Adult Eurythmy Winter Session 1:20 pm, GS
- Grade 5 Class Play: The First Mummy of Egypt 7:00 pm, GS
FRIDAY – Mar 9
- Community Coffee Morning 8:30 am, GS
- Spring Market Setup 3:00 pm, GS
SATURDAY – Mar 10
- Spring Market 10:00 – 3:00 pm, GS
Because there is so much on the go this week and next, I want to also give you some days to mark in your calendar for next week as well.
- March 12 & 13 – Grade 8 Project Presentation, 6:30 pm in the Grade School Gym/Hall
- March 15 – Festival of the Arts, 6:30 pm at Centennial Theatre. All students from Grades 2 -12 will be presenting at this spring extravaganza. Please note, all Grade School students will be dismissed at 1:15 this day, so please make arrangements for early pickup! Tickets are for sale at Centennial Theatre, you may purchase in person on online at https://www.nvrc.ca/centennial-theatre/whats-on/spring-festival-arts
- March 16 – Last day of the Winter Term before Spring Break. This is a partial school day for all students. HS will be dismissed at 1:00 pm, GS dismissed at 12:20 pm, there will be no ECC aftercare, and no After School Program, so please plan accordingly.
I hope you saw the notice in the newsletter on Friday indicating that Child Tax receipts are now available to be picked up from the Accounting Office at the Grade School. Any receipts that are not picked up by the end of the week will be sent home in the mail. High School receipts will be sent home with students on Wednesday.
Wishing you a great week ahead.