Weekly Sneak Peek – April 24 – 28
Happy Earth Week! I hope you had a chance to get outside this weekend and take advantage of some of the events around our beautiful city. If you’re still itching to reconnect with nature, get your hands dirty, and make some new friends; then come join us for our Spring Gardening Club, led by Anne Pepper, at the Grade School campus on Thursday afternoon between 12 and 2 pm. This group will be meeting weekly until the school year is up, with a focus on planting pollinator friendly plants! All are welcome.
This week is rich in parent meetings, be sure to check this list below. If you think I’ve missed something, please check with your Class Rep or Teacher/Advisor to confirm.
And finally, join Lily Mackenzie and the rest of the High School at Kirkstone Park for an All-Community Ultimate Frisbee Game! As part of Lily’s Grade 12 Project, she coordinated this community event, so come cheer or play – 10:30 to 4 pm on Friday.
Upcoming Events and Announcements:
- Girls Soccer VWS vs KDHS 3:30 pm Cleveland Park (NV)
- Grade 7 Parent Meeting 7 pm (GS)
- Grade 4 Parent Meeting 7 pm (GS)
- Grade 5 Parent Meeting 7 pm (GS)
- Grade 6 Parent Meeting 7 pm (GS)
- Deadline to Order Flower Baskets
- VGISAA HS Ultimate Tournament (Coquitlam)
- Gardening Club 12 – 2 pm (GS)
- Full Faculty Meeting 3 pm (GS)
- Coffee Morning 8:30 am, GS Community Kitchen
- VWS Community Ultimate Game 10:30 – 4 pm, Kirkstone Park
- Parent Eurythmy 1:30 pm, GS Round House
Save the date on May 10 for our Spring Community Social & Forum. More details to come! If you are not subscribed to our weekly newsletter, the Current, please add your email to stay up to date: goo.gl/9fXZaY
Communications & Events Coordinator