Here we are on the final week of school! If you missed the newsletter on Friday, you can always find it, and back copies, on our website here: vws.ca/vws-blog/newsletter
Events This Week:
- Playground Committee Meeting 10:00 am (Colin Dutson Room)
- Grade 5 Parent Open House 1:45 pm (Classroom)
- Preschool Picnic, No Preschool Aftercare
- VWSS Board Meeting 7:00 pm (GS)
- Kindergarten Picnic, No Afternoon Kindergarten
- Grade School Fun Day
- High School Potluck Picnic
- Early Childhood Open House, for prospective parents and children 9:30 am (GS)
- Gardening Club 12:00 – 2:00 pm (GS)
- Community Coffee 8:30 am (GS)
- Kindergarten Orientation, for new families 9:30 am (ECC)
- Grade 8 Reception 11:45 pm (GS)
- End of Term, Early Dismissal, No After School Program 12:20 pm (GS/HS)
- Year End Picnic 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Princess Park)
I would like to congratulate the Class of 2017 for completing their studies at VWS with a beautiful Graduation Ceremony on Sunday. We wish you all the best life has to offer.
You are warmly invited to attend a Year End Picnic at Princess Park on Friday afternoon, from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, following early dismissal. Please bring: potluck snacks and treats to share; your own dishes, cutlery and cups; a blanket or something comfortable to sit on; and games to share & play on the lawn (croquet, bocce, badminton, frisbee, soccer balls and nets, etc). We ask that all children are supervised at this out of school event and that we are respectful of the neighbours and the natural habitat.
If you are looking for something new for you children to try this summer, consider signing up for our Summer Camp which will run from June 26 – 30. Find out more on our website here: vws.ca/programs/summer-camp and register with Ronaye at email@example.com.
Please check with your Class Rep(s) regarding any year end cards of gifts. There are now cards for subject teachers at Reception in the Grade School.
Communications & Events Coordinator