Weekly Sneak Peek – May 8 – 13
I hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend. We have another busy week in store, and to be honest, the calendar will be full until the end of term. So please pay close attention, and when possible, come let your School Spirit Shine!
Upcoming Events and Announcements:
- Girls Soccer VWS vs KDHS 3:30 pm (Vancouver)
- Waldorf Welcome Information Session 8:45 am (GS)
- Gift Card Pickup & Flower Basket Pickup (GS)
- Mayfest Celebration (GS internal festival)
- Sewing Felt Ball Workshop 9:00 am (Music Room) – pre-registration required email@example.com
- VWSS Board Meeting 6:30 pm (Music Room)
- Community Forum & Social 7:00 pm (GS Hall)
- Grade 12 Exams
- Gardening Club 12 – 2 pm (GS Bell Tower)
- Grade 3 Parent Meeting (GS)
- Coffee Morning 8:30 am (Community Kitchen)
- Parent Council Meeting 8:45 am (Colin Dutson Room)
- Parent Eurythmy 1:30 pm (Roundhouse)
- Grade 12 Fundraiser: House Concert 8:00 pm (GS Hall)
- Pentathlon Training for Adults 10:00 am, Mahon Park
Each spring and autumn we host a forum for the community to learn about some of the ‘behind the scenes’ happenings at our school. At our Spring Forum, our hope is: to reflect back on where we’ve come from this year with a presentation from our Strategic Planning Committee and the unveiling of the tapestry created at our Spring Market; to look at where we are now with a panel discussion including members of our Administration, Parent Body, Faculty, & Board of Trustees; and to envision the future with a short film and exploration of of how to get involved in global plans to celebrate 100 years of Waldorf Education; all while celebrating YOU, without whom none of this would be possible!
Please arrive at 7:00 pm for a Wine & Cheese (or Sparkling Beverage) Reception, then the meeting will begin at 7:30 pm, this Wednesday, May 10 in the Grade School Hall.
The final stretch is on for our Grade 12 students. They are very close to their fundraising goals but, still have a little way to go before they leave on May 27.
On May 12, at 8:00 pm in the Grade School Hall the Class of 2017 will be hosting a ‘House Concert’ with Lorna Fortin and singer-songwriter husband Mark James Fortin, for an intimate evening of original songs and stories. We recommend audiences ages 13+ with a minimum donation of $20 for youth and $25 for adults. Seating will be limited, so reserve your seats ahead of time by calling Ronaye – 604-985-7435 x 0.
Have a lovely week!
Communications & Events Coordinator