Vancouver Waldorf School – Movie Monday
Each Monday we will feature a short film relating to Waldorf Education. Perhaps a lecture, pedagogical content, sister-school production, or tutorial.
Please enjoy today’s presentation:
A Window into Waldorf
From our friends at the Three Rivers Waldorf School.
Are you seeking an education for your child that…
- is a journey, and not a race?
- integrates art, music and movement into a classical academic education?
- deeply respects children?
- reinforces your child’s connection with nature?
- nurtures an enthusiasm for learning?
- motivates children intrinsically?
- nourishes the spirit of the child?
- provides active and creative learning?
- fosters healthy social development and community building?
- challenges the whole child — mind, body and spirit?
Waldorf School offer:
- Family and community life
- A healthy unfolding of childhood
- Joy in the learning process
- An education focused on wholeness in body, spirit and soul
- Intellectual excellence, imagination, strong memory and problem-solving skills
- Viable alternatives to high stakes testing
- Age-appropriate use of media
- Training in ethical and moral judgment
- Beauty of the environment as a formative force in the child’s world
- pre-school & Kindergarten,
- elementary grades 1-8, as well as
- parent-infant and parent-child classes, and a
- childcare center.
* The Vancouver Waldorf School provides an experiential, age appropriate approach to education based on the insights of Rudolf Steiner that inspires students to love learning, to be creative, open-minded, and compassionate. With a curriculum that integrates all academics with the arts and social learning, Waldorf Education develops not only the left and right hemispheres of the brain, but the whole human being. A child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development is considered equally, supporting a conscious unfolding of the individuality within each student. Waldorf graduates possess capacities for empathy and clear, creative and independent thinking that enables them to carry out a chosen course of action with moral courage and social responsibility.