Established in 1971, the Vancouver Waldorf School offers school programs from Parent and Tot through to Grade 12. Waldorf education has been growing steadily in the Pacific Northwest of North America, and the Vancouver Waldorf School is one of several Waldorf schools in the region. This provides many opportunities for personal growth for faculty and staff, deepening their education through workshops, lectures and conferences. Based on the insights of scientist and philosopher Dr. Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), Waldorf schools have developed into an international movement with over 2,000+ schools worldwide. North America hosts 250 Waldorf Schools including 40 High Schools.
The Class teacher has a passion for Waldorf education and inspiring a love of learning in children and youth. Key qualities are strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment across departments. With the responsibility of carrying a class of up to 30 students, the successful candidate will have excellent class management and organizational skills.
Within class teaching, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- lesson planning & classroom preparation;
- teaching main lesson;
- teaching track classes; and
- report writing.
The class teacher will also be responsible for:
- attendance at faculty meetings;
- school liaison for parents;
- facilitating parent evenings;
- attendance at all school events and faculty meetings; and
- filling in as a substitute teacher in other classrooms, if needed.
Education and Skill Requirements
- BC Teacher Certification;
- 5 years or more of Waldorf Class Teaching is preferred
- Waldorf Training Certificate
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Terms of employment: permanent, full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $61,153.00/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Extended medical and dental benefits available after three months of employment
Group Retirement Plan after 1 year for full-time employees
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC Contact Information: 604-985-7435; hrc @ vws.ca
Please send a resume, references, and a letter of interest to hrc @ vws.ca