COVID-19 Community Letter
As more information about COVID-19 becomes available, we are writing to update you on our school’s management and response plan for ensuring the continued safety and well-being of our students and staff. Our existing Emergency Response group will serve as a task force in response to the current situation as is necessary. We will continue looking to our federal, provincial, and local health authorities to inform our decision-making and communications.
Our priority is ensuring that our physical spaces are clean and our hygiene practices are supportive of safety and well-being. We have increased the degree to which our daily cleanings target high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces. We will build-in longer transition times between classes so students can take the necessary time to wash their hands properly. Teachers are also bringing additional attention and care to habits around food and drinks in the classroom.
We request that all community members follow prevention recommendations by the health authorities, in particular those that relate to staying at home when sick. If your family plans to travel internationally during spring break (March 23 – April 3), please monitor Government of Canada travel advisories and follow relevant guidelines before your child returns to school on April 6th. Please refer to the following links for complete and current information, which inform our decision-making and communications:
- Health Link BC Public Health Alerts: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/public-health-alerts
- Government of Canada Travel Health Notices: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/about-us/news/vancouver-coastal-health-statement-on-coronavirus
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- School District 44: https://www.sd44.ca/Pages/default.aspx#/=
- Federation of Independent Schools Association in BC: https://fisabc.ca/novel-coronavirus-update/
We are committed to diligent monitoring and proactive response to any changes in the COVID-19 situation. Unless you receive communications that indicate otherwise, we are operating as usual with no changes to our education and extra-curricular schedule.
As a final note, we wish to affirm our commitment to showing compassion and support for individuals and communities affected by COVID-19 and further, to affirm that the virus is not connected with race, ethnicity, or nationality.
Thank you for your support and partnership in keeping our community healthy. If you have any questions or concerns about our school’s response to COVID-19, please feel welcome to reach out to Lorna Fortin, Principal.