The Vancouver Waldorf School invites candidates to apply for the following part-time position: Educational Assistant for Child on the Autism Spectrum
The Educational Assistant will aid the Grade 1 Teacher in meeting the goals and objectives of the IEP for a specific child by working one-on-one with this child in the context of the classroom. The Educational Assistant performs a variety of tasks with an individual as determined by the needs of this individual, paying close attention to the child’s personal care, educational, and developmental needs, such that the employee’s work will be as unique as the individual they are assisting. This position will also support other students in the classroom under the direction of the Class Teacher when not working with the assigned child.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with teachers, parents, and specialists to support this student with unique learning styles; carrying out assessments and writing short progress reports against specific IEP goals; yard supervision as required; attendance as requested at parent conference meetings and IEP meetings and reviews.
- Acknowledged training as required for a special education assistant
- Experience and/or training in working with children on the Autism spectrum
- Experience working with children 6 to 10 years of age
- An understanding of Waldorf Education
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with parents, teachers and students with exceptional needs
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and under the guidance of a teacher
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.