Grade School Tutor
The Vancouver Waldorf School invites candidates to apply for the following part-time position Grade School Tutor
The position will consist of assisting students in grades 4 – 8 either one-on-one or in small groups in the subject areas of reading, math and written expression. Participation in parent and IEP meetings, informal teacher updates, as well as monthly meetings with other Educational Support Service team members are part of the position. An emphasis on thorough and accurate lesson planning, record-keeping and reporting will be integral to the job. The job would consist of 12-14 hours of work per week. Compensation would be commensurate with level of training and years of experience.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with teachers, parents, and specialists to support students with unique learning styles; carrying out assessments and writing short progress reports against specific IEP goals; yard supervision as required; attendance as requested at parent conference meetings and IEP meetings and reviews.
- Teaching and/or tutor experience, in particular, experience working with children in Grades 4-6
- An understanding of Waldorf Education & working knowledge of child development
- Certification or training in Orton Gillingham or equivalent approach
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with parents, teachers and students with exceptional needs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also as part of the larger connect of a team member
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; hrc @ vws.ca
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.