Restart Plan – Health & Safety Handbook COVID-19
As we prepare to welcome more students to our campuses next week, we require those parents and caregivers with children attending in-person instruction to read the attached VWS Health & Safety Handbook COVID-19. In particular, please note the following key pieces of information:
- Students or staff who have common-cold, influenza, or COVID-19 like symptoms must stay home. (p.5)
- Administrative Measures, Personal Measures, and PPE, (p. 7 – 10)
- Parents/caregivers must remain outside the school buildings to drop-off and pick-up students. They must not enter the school buildings and must leave the school grounds immediately after drop-off and pick-up. (p.8)
- Summary of School-Based Control Measures, (p. 11)
- Appendix B – Daily Health Checks for Students COVID-19, (p.16)
The Return to School Plan, running From Monday, June 1 through Wednesday, June 17, for our Preschool through Grade 12 programs can be found here: www.vws.ca/return-to-school-plan.
As a parent or caregiver with a student attending in-person instruction, it is your responsibility to follow the relevant measures and processes outlined in the handbook. As a school administration and faculty, we will do our absolute best to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students in our care.
As we work together to create a warm and familiar school environment, we are relying upon our community of parents and caregivers to prioritize the experience of the students as they return to a school program that differs from the one they left in mid-March. We would ask that when you are on school grounds please be mindful that our children take their cues from the adults that surround them. We will all have varying risk profiles and tolerances, as well as unique viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences. While we, of course, respect your choices, we kindly ask that you please refrain from discussions about COVID-19 in front of the children while on school grounds.
We are working our way through this process together, one step at a time and your cooperation and goodwill have been an incredible gift to us all through the whole journey thus far. Please contact Lorna Fortin (principal @ vws.ca), if you have questions or need more information.[gview file=”https://www.vws.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/VWS-Health-Safety-Handbook-COVID-19-2020.05.28_FINAL.pdf”]