High School Science Teacher
The Vancouver Waldorf School is looking for an experienced and energetic High School Sciences (Physics) teacher to join our staff. We are seeking a teacher who has solid knowledge and background in their subject area, informed by their connection to anthroposophy. Waldorf teaching experience is preferred, and the applicant will be expected to prepare lesson plans per the Waldorf and BC Ministry of Education curriculums.
Our High School teachers are contributing members of the Vancouver Waldorf School, actively involved in the life of the school through (among other things) participation in Faculty meetings, School events and committees. A genuine willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department as well as across departments is essential.
In addition to teaching the Waldorf School Physics curriculum to students in Grades 9-12, other duties will include:
- Chaperoning of school trips
- Career Education for Grades 9-12
- (Capstone) Project Guidance for Grade 12 Students
- Committee work
- Attendance at section meetings and full faculty meetings
- Regular professional development
- Evaluation of student progress, oral and written report writing and parent meetings
Skills required include:
- University Masters or Bachelor Degree
- BC Teaching Certificate or ability to qualify through the Ministry of Education’s Teacher Certification Branch
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Waldorf Education
- Waldorf Teacher Certification or interest in pursuing such course of study
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-Time Permanent commencing with the start of the 2021/2022 School year.
Salary: $43,000.00 to $61,153.00/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Benefits available after three months
Group Retirement Plan match after 1 year for full-time employees
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com