Rain Gear at the Red Door Store
Ella has been doing some research on rain gear in hopes of replacing what has been a staple brand for our Waldorf children for years. Unfortunately, the company we have been using has changed hands and the quality doesn’t seem to be what it used to be. We are still able to access a fantastic replacement policy, but Ella is looking for something even more sustainable and she believes that she’s found it!
Faire Child is made in Nova Scotia, Canada of 100% recycled content. It’s 100% waterproof without the use of any toxic chemicals, is windproof and breathable, washable and adjustable to grow with your child so doesn’t need to be replaced annually! Faire Child will even take your worn out Faire Child gear for further recycling. And Ella says, “the earthy colours are totally my jam.”
Our Red Door Store now has a wholesale account to access the line of rain gear, but orders need to get in ASAP for September delivery. (ETA Sept 31). Pre-orders are due by the last day of school to receive a 20% discount! Email Ella at email@example.com for a link to the 2019 Faire Child Lookbook.
2019 Items available:
- Anorak Rain Coat $138 available in Acorn, Balsam or Atlantic/Rose
- Classic Raincoat with detachable hood $158 available in Acorn, Balsam or Atlantic
- Midi Rainboat $138 available in Acorn, Balsam or Atlantic
- Dungaree(known to many as the bibbed overall) $118 available in Acorn, Balsam or Atlantic
- Rain pant $88 available in Acorn, Balsam and Atlantic
- Sou’Wester Rain Hat $53 available in Acorn, Balsam or Atlantic
- Adult Size Swing Coat $349 available in Acorn, Balsam and Atlantic
View a short clip to give you the gist of this amazing company and businesswoman: Watch Her Story. You can read about Tabitha Osler’s mission and view her fascinating TEDx talk on renewably sourced and recycled textile materials here: Read and View. Follow her on Instagram.