VWS Gift Card Program Update
Big news week so bear with me…
- A big thanks to everyone who placed a gift card order this week. We tripled the number of orders for this month and almost doubled what we have made in the program to date! Your support is greatly appreciated.
- Thanks also to those of you who were very patient with me working out the credit card process. We hope to make improvements for next month.
- The winner of this month’s $50 grocery card is Maria Wikstrom. Congratulations!!
- If you missed out on placing an order this week you can still drop an order to Ronaye or Sarah for March – May. Order forms can be collected at the school or printed from this link.
- If you placed a recurring order and find you need to change it, simply contact me.
- We had great support for Whole Foods this month – I’ll keep you posted as to whether they agree to stay on monthly with us.
- I also wanted to remind everyone that the gift cards never expire as that question came up a number of times in the past weeks.
SPUD’s returns are so great that the ten people that ordered produce raised $106 this week alone!
Get great local, organic produce that has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Order online by Saturday for delivery to the school next Tuesday. It’s really simple! If collecting your box is an issue, reach out and I’ll see what I can arrange for you.
Where is this Money Going?
You may be wondering where this fundraising money is going. I am working away in the background to get things moving, but I can confirm that the proceeds from the grocery fundraising programs will be managed by Parent Council. The feedback I am receiving from Class Reps and also from the Community Forum held earlier in the school year indicates a strong push to use the funds for playground improvements. I will let you know as soon as I can confirm any more specifics.
I also wanted to let everyone know that if you do not wish to take part in our grocery programs but would like to make a donation towards playground improvements or to the School or Parent Council in general that there are a number of ways to do this. Donations can be made by cheque to VWS Parent Council or Vancouver Waldorf School or you can use your credit card by donating online at www.vws.ca/giving/donate-online.
- Saturday 23 January – Get your SPUD Fundraising orders in.
- Monday 1 February – February gift card payments will be processed.
- Monday 22 February – Collection of February gift cards. Last day to order March gift cards.
As always, if you have any questions, please check the Gift Card Program webpage or contact me via the details below.