Week at a Glance October 22-26
Dear VWS Families,
Our Grade School campus was all atwitter with activity this weekend! Under the leadership of Bonnie and Dave Gosse, a work party of approximately 20 families gathered on Saturday to clean up and complete projects in the 2/3 play-yard – thank you to everyone involved! On Sunday, I came in to help winterize our beehive. Our resident bees have now been wrapped in a thermal layer and their door size reduced to help hold out the colder weather. As well, on Sunday, families gathered to discuss taking steps to form the first Indigenous Council at our school. We have such an incredible and diverse community; thank you all for making the choice to be here.
TUESDAY – October 23
- Grade 12 Treat Sales & SOM Ticket Sales 3:00 pm, GS
- Grade 1 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
- Girls Volleyball Game VWS vs VCS 7:00 pm, Vancouver Christian School
- First 7 Years Seminar Series: Nutrition 7:30 pm, ECC
WEDNESDAY – October 24
- VWSS Annual General Meeting 7:00 pm, GS
THURSDAY – October 25
- Full Faculty & Staff Meeting 3:00 pm, GS
- Girls Volleyball Practice 3:30 pm, HS
FRIDAY – October 26
- Community Coffee Morning 8:30 am, GS
- The Sound of Music Film and Fun 6:00 pm, GS
SATURDAY – October 27
- Have Your Say Community Feedback on our School 9:30 – 11:30 am, GS
We have received notice of a second confirmed case of Pertussis in the Grade School. Please refer to the Communicable Illness section of our October 18 newsletter for details on the illness and communicable disease policy at VWS.
There are several ways to get involved this week; here are a few details to help you select how and where you want to get involved:
- The final Girl’s Volleyball game of the season is this Tuesday. They are playing at 7:00 pm, just 15 minutes across the Iron Workers bridge (address linked above). Please come out to show them your support!
- I hope to see many of you at our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday evening. This is an excellent opportunity to deepen your understanding of our school leadership, review our financial reporting, meet our VWSS Board Members, and ask questions.
- See the poster below for details on the Sound of Music, hosted by Grade 12 students. This social night is a fundraising initiative to help our Grads reach their financial goals for their year-end service trip. I can’t wait to find out where they decide to go!
- And in case you’ve missed either of the emails regarding the Community Feedback Session on this upcoming Saturday, you may find all the details here: Community Input Opportunity. Your voice is so valuable, thank you for considering attending this gathering.
Wishing you a great week ahead.
The Vancouver Waldorf School is situated on the unceded ancestral territory of the Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw) and Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilwətaɁɬ) Nations.