Week at a Glance October 9-12
Dear VWS Families,
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you’ve each had an enjoyable extended weekend. We jump right back in with a full and wonderful week of activities and opportunities; the details are below.
“Give us thankful hearts… in this the season of Thy Thanksgiving. May we be thankful for health and strength, for sun and rain and peace. Let us seize the day and the opportunity and strive for that greatness of spirit that measures life not by its disappointments but by its possibilities, and let us ever remember that true gratitude… passes the gift joyfully on…”
~W.E.B. Du Bois
TUESDAY – October 9
- Grade 12 Bake Sale 3:00 pm, GS
- Girls Volleyball Practice 3:30 pm, HS
- First 7 Years Seminar Series: Fairy Tales & Media 7:30 pm, ECC
WEDNESDAY – October 10
- Flower Bulb Orders Due
- Girls Volleyball Game VWS vs KDHS 4:00 pm Jewish Community Centre
- Parent Education Evening: Mindfulness & Anxiety in Youth 7:00 pm, GS
THURSDAY – October 11
- Christmas Fair Planning Meeting 1:00 pm, GS
- Girls Volleyball Game VWS vs LGCA 5:00 pm Lions Gate Christian Academy
FRIDAY – October 12
- Primrose Parent & Tot Begins, Cedar Place
- Community Coffee Morning 8:30 am, GS
SATURDAY & SUNDAY – October 13 & 14
- Pentathlon Training, GS
If you are considering attending the Mindfulness & Anxiety in Youth parent education session tomorrow evening, please RSVP so that we know how many chairs to set out. The doors open at 6:30 pm. Please arrive early to select a seat (we’re nearing capacity!) and to enjoy the refreshments on offer by donation from our Grade 11 students.
Tomorrow is the deadline to bring in your flower bulb orders. If you haven’t placed an order yet, please stop in at the office of either campus to order through Sarah or Ronaye. Thank you so much for helping to send our 12th Graders on their Year End Service Trip!
Detail for any of these events can be found on our website calendar here: https://www.vws.ca/calendar/
Enjoy your week!
The Vancouver Waldorf School is situated on the unceded ancestral territory of the Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw) and Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilwətaɁɬ) Nations.