Week at a Glance September 10-14
Dear Parents & Guardians of the Vancouver Waldorf School,
Thank you to everyone who came out to support the Welcome Back Bagel Breakfast on Friday morning at the Grade School. Thanks to Whole Foods on Lonsdale for providing the freshly baked bagels and fruit. A special thank you to Judy, Nicole, Linda and Karen for stepping in to take over set up and clean up when Mary and I both fell ill. We entirely planned to attend this joyous event, but our immune systems had other plans.
This morning our High School students met early to set off on their week-long expedition to Manning Provincial Park. The students divided into three groups, based on how challenged they wished to be over the week. Each group will be camping, cooking, and hiking together, and hopefully staying relatively dry! Having backpacked through Manning Park in the past, I know they are out for some beautiful and scenic views, and will have a wonderful opportunity to bond as a whole school.
MONDAY – September 10
- Grade 2 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
TUESDAY – September 11
- Gr 6 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
- Gr 7 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
- First 7 Years Seminar Series Begins 7:30 pm, ECC
WEDNESDAY – September 12
- Gr 4 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
THURSDAY – September 13
- Gr 3 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
FRIDAY – September 14
- High School Students Return approximately 3:00 pm, HS (I will send an email if arrival time varies by more than 1/2 hour)
Last week I missed including Parent & Tot classes on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings in the calendar, I hope this did not create any confusion. As well, due to a flu bug, I was unable to publish a newsletter; please watch for the newsletter later this week. If you do not think that you are subscribed, please click here: https://goo.gl/3BYwDH to add your email.
As you have probably quickly gathered during the first week at school, parking is rather limited at the Grade School and Early Childhood Centre. In an attempt to reduce congestion and keep our neighbours happy, please adhere to the following guidelines at drop off in the morning:
- Before 8:10 am, the parking lot is exclusively reserved for faculty parking. It is important that our teachers are able to park and unload their vehicles near to the school so that they can be ready to greet their students when the bell rings at 8:15.
- After 8:10 am, please use the drop-off lane as a “kiss and go” drop of for all children in Grades 2 through 8. There is no parking in the drop-off/bus lane; do not leave your vehicle. If you need to assist your child to class, please park in the neighbourhood and leave any remaining parking spots for visitors, ECC and Grade 1 parents.
- ECC & Grade 1 parents, please plan to arrive a few minutes early. If there are no parking spaces remaining in the lot, you will need to find a space on the street in the neighbourhood and walk your child to their classroom. Be mindful of driveways and not blocking neighbouring vehicles. Please consider leaving spots open in the parking lot for fellow parents with babies. The fresh air and short walk is a lovely and invigorating way to begin the day.
- ECC parents, please do not leave your vehicle in front of the wooden play yard gate. This is the only access for emergency vehicles to reach the Early Childhood Centre in case of a fire or medical emergency.
Thanks, everyone! Have a wonderful week.