Week at a Glance September 4-7
Dear Parents & Guardians of the Vancouver Waldorf School,
How wonderful to greet so many of our new and returning students this morning at our Opening Assembly & Rose Ceremony. It’s truly a joy to be part of a strong community helping hold space as our new Grade 1 students stepped through the arch to receive a rose from the students in our Grade 12 Class. It’s a big transition for the children to say farewell to their familiar Kindergarten Teachers and shake hands with their new Grade 1 Teacher. To learn more about the Rose Ceremony, please visit our website here: https://www.vws.ca/rose-ceremony/
Watch your inbox for these ‘Week at a Glance‘ emails, which will be sent at the beginning of each week. They will include weekly reminders, announcements, and other important information as required. These emails are an important way to stay on top of activities and opportunities at our school.
Later in the week, you will receive our community e-newsletter, ‘The Current‘, a colourful and vibrant read highlighting activities at our school. The Current will offer a longer range look at the events calendar; contain frequent updates from our governing bodies, Development Office, and parent groups; and feature photos from school activities.
For those of you who do not know me yet, I am Laura Bergstrome the Communications and Events Coordinator for the Vancouver Waldorf School. I look forward to meeting or greeting each of you in the coming days.
TUESDAY – September 4
- Opening Assembly & Rose Ceremony 9:00 am, HUC
- HS Photo Day
- Plum Cottage KG Parent Evening 6:00 pm, ECC
- Gr 5 Parent Evening 7:00 pm, GS
- Sunflower & Mulberry PS Parent Evenings 7:30 pm, ECC
WEDNESDAY – September 5
- GS Classes Begin 8:15 am, GS
- Red Rose & Plum Cottage KG Open House 9:00 am & 10:30 am, ECC
- Sunflower & Mulberry PS Open House 9:00 am & 10:30 am, ECC
- Dandelion PS Parent Evening 7:30 pm, ECC
THURSDAY – September 6
- Dandelion PS Open House 9:00 am & 10:30 am, ECC
- Red Rose KG Parent Evening 6:30 pm, ECC
FRIDAY – September 7
- Welcome Back Parent Bagel Breakfast 8:30 am, GS
- GS Photo Day
ECC – Early Childhood Centre, GS – Grade School, HS – High School, P&T – Parent & Tot, PS – Preschool, KG – Kindergarten, HUC – Highlands United Church
I will not overwhelm you with announcements at this time, however, I have two quick items to share:
- I would like to invite you to join us for a Welcome Back Social on Friday morning after drop off at the Grade School. This is an informal gathering to connect with other VWS parents and staff over a cup of coffee or tea and a toasted bagel. (gluten-free and vegan options will be available).
- Friday is Photo Day at the Grade School; make sure your VWS student is looking their best!
Wishing you a great week ahead and a smooth transition to the back to school rhythm of early bedtimes, packed lunches, and kiss and go drop-off for GS students in Grades 2-8.